How many people have viewed my blog?

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Amanda Schmid

Amanda Schmid...
Una bella vita. The beautiful life. I BUMPED into Amanda in Florence, Italy.  She was my soon-to-be friend of a lifetime and travel buddy.  We traveled over 4 countries together, conquered 10 cities, and made countless memories. She was a true inspiration to me.  She taught  how to conquer any situation, to grab it by the you know what and just let it happen.  She told me time and time again... "do what you want, let life happen, and deal with it as it comes. Take each day to itself and live your life."  And we did that...Hang-gliding and tattoos in Switzerland, a 6 hour bus ride to London to stay 8 hours and a 6 hour bus ride back to Liverpool, a mixture of broken Italian and German to get needles in Switzerland when my insulin pump broke.  We did it all, we conquered each day and lived it to its fullest.  We lived with no regrets and we embraced new situations.  When you find a friend that you can do that with, hold on to them, keep them close to your heart and don't ever let their presence leave you.  Our favorite quote we found was printed on the wall in the Guinness factory in Dublin, Ireland: " Home is not where you live, but where they understand you."..Amanda was my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment