How many people have viewed my blog?

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Man In the Park

Man in the park...
Have you ever just seen someone..sitting..walking..from a distance...up close that you just had to meet. Well it happens to me quite often.  The other day I was in Chastain Park and I BUMPED into a man sitting in a swing, drinking a PBR, painting. I couldn't have been more envious. The day was perfect, somewhere mixed between breezy and warm.  I swung in the wooden swing back and forth, back and forth.  I wanted to talk to him, but didn't want to ruin his concentration.  My friend and I made up the perfect story for this little old man in the park.  He probably painted everyday at 2:18 in the afternoon.  His wife was probably home making him a ham sandwich and a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup.  We watched his strokes anxiously wondering what was he painting.  Who was he? Did he live in my favorite house on the corner, with the little red door, the gold handle, and the navy blue mailbox? The breeze picked up and he packed up his supplies, he walked by us and said, " We couldn't ask for a more beautiful day!" I smiled...I was so happy we BUMPED, I'm sure we will meet again, man in the park...

No comments:

Post a Comment