How many people have viewed my blog?

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fabio Lippi

Fabio Lippi...
Okay, so this wasn't MY Fabio, but I do not have a photo of him. Alessssssandra he would say, while sipping on a cappuccino and smoking a Marlboro Light (with the label on the package that read: THE CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE WILL KILL YOU), the Europeans are so honest.  I BUMPED into Fabio buying a leather belt one day on my way to class. I know, I know, who doesn't meet a Fabio in Italy? But apparently the name does represent all that it is talked up to be.  Being with Fabio was being in a fantasy, it was fun, romantic, and very unrealistic, but my time in Italy would have not been the same without him.  He was charming and handsome, and took me on the back of his motorcycle.  He used grease in his hair and drank wine like we drink water.  He did have a Brazilian twist, he taught me how to play the drums, barbecue an entire pig, and dance the Samba (a Brazilian dance). The man could sell a leather belt to a cow.  But he taught me amore in Italy.  Amore means love, but it is used when something is truly, unconditionally loved.  In America we say " We love hamburgers or we love our new shoes," but in Italia, it was sacred.  To used the verb amore meant you truly loved someone.  It was beautiful.  To the dear Fabio Lippi, Grazie por tutto mi tesero.  Spero che tu vivi una vita bellissima.

2 comments:

  1. I like it!

    Ciao Alesssandra!!!

    I stopped smoking by the way... hehehe

    Now I manage a cocktail bar in a two Rosette award winning restaurant in Chelsea, London.

    Hope one day you come to visit me!

    Thanks for all the compliments. You have been all that to me and much more...

    I REALLY hope to see you again one day.

    I'm sure that at least we would laugh a lot...


    Mille baci!

    PS: I can send you a picture if you want!!!
    ;-)

    Arrivederci

    ReplyDelete