How many people have viewed my blog?

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tim Svelund....The 707 Club

The 707 Club...
"Tall Crown & ginger, ribeye medium rare, and a baked potato loaded." I BUMPED into this group of 5 gentlemen the night before the Gamecocks-Southern Miss game. They were one of my last tables to serve that night at Ruth's Chris and they made it worth every single minute. A group of true southern gentlemen, they called me darlin' and precious, ordered drink after drink, held their composure, and ate steak and potatoes, what some would call the epitome. They brought me back to the good ol' things in life. Family, friends, and food. Some would say, the simple life...oh how they wore it well. I was envious of 50 and 60 year old men, just livin the dream..literally. It wasn't two weeks later I found myself sitting next to them when the Gamecocks took on the Bulldogs. For the first time I really enjoyed football. Not the tailgating, the game.  The explained every pass, every throw, every step each player made and why.  They brought it back to the basics and I absolutely fell in love with it.  That day, thanks to the 707 Club I appreciated the game, I was delighted by the spirit, and I truly loved my surroundings.  I could never thank the 707 Club enough, I hope to see them again soon, 'preciate ya gentlemen!

No comments:

Post a Comment