How many people have viewed my blog?

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lou Depippo

Lou Depippo...
A man I will never forget. I BUMPED into this man when I was 17 years old working as an intern at PACE Advertising Agency in New York City.  I didn't know anyone in the city and he took me under his wing.  He was the Creative Director at PACE and a mighty fine one at that.  He would always talk about his Italian descent, which naturally meant wherever we decided to eat lunch it HAD to be Italian food. Every morning was a walk in the park..literally..a cup of coffee and an earful from Lou, it was fascinating. I looked forward to it everyday. In his days before the adage he was a fireman.  He was obviously not just a hero of mine... I can honestly say he was the one that made me love and appreciate the advertising world.  He took me to an editing meeting for a promotional video for new condos being built in Central Park.  It was a 1 minute and 29 second video and we sat in that editing meeting for 6 hours on an all but frustrating Friday.  It was then I realized the blood, sweat, and tears that went into this business.  It was then I realized the addiction.  He would introduce me as his assistant..ha! I was 17, I think I could have even passed as his daughter. This man was a shear genius.  We lost touch a few years ago when I got too busy with college, work, and men (boys) and he changed his e-mail address from BATMAN!  But I will be in forever appreciation of his knowledge and friendship... I miss you Lou.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you and I were friends I don’t care about who you are who you were who you wanna be you shut me down for what reason I drove to your home you bought me dinner we rekindled our relationship that meant the world to me. You shared something with me .I don’t care if you’re gay bisexual here today gone tomorrow LGBQT whatever .whatever the fuck that is. I care about our friendship. Be a man call me let’s fucking talk because quite frankly you irritate me and I really need to get this done

    ReplyDelete