How many people have viewed my blog?

Monday, October 25, 2010

St.Louis

St.Louis....
She was the only one cheering when Tampa Bay scored! 8 rows up from the ice I BUMPED into a lady at the Atlanta Thrashers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning NHL game on Friday. She was wearing a #26 Martin St. Louis jersey that was about 6x too big, but you could tell she was a true fan.  Turns out it was the jersey her son always wore to the games. She was a Florida native, but had been in Atlanta for 10 years and had not missed a hockey game since.  "I'm definitely not a Thrashers fan," she told me, "but, I'll watch whatever team in order to watch hockey, I love this game."  She told me that as a single mother she put her two sons through college and made it possible for both of them to play hockey.  In the midst of our conversation an usher came down and questioned her on if this was really her seat, who she was at the game with, and why she was wearing a Tampa Bay jersey?  She let him have it to! It was hilarious.  Yes! This was really her seat and here was her ticket, yes she was alone, and damn happy that she was, and she was wearing a Tampa Bay jersey because they were better than the Thrashers ( I knew that wasn't really why, but it was a good spit in his face).  This woman immediately became a favorite of mine, as my family in Texas would say, she gave him the "whatfor!"  We continued our conversation and she informed me that she used to have season tickets, but the man she sat next to was HORRIBLE and that she rather buy tickets for every single game then sit in her season seats next to what she refereed to as the devil.  My curious mind did the math for season tickets in her old seats she would pay $1,600/season for 43 games and for the seats she sits in now she pays $60/game which = $2,580/season.  This woman rather spend an extra $980 rather than sit by a man, have you ever not cared for someone that much?? The kicker is...I never got her name...So to my strong willed, Martin St.Louis jersey wearing friend, Cheeeers and thank you for an entertaining game!

No comments:

Post a Comment